Some parties are more stressful than others just like the Super Bowl is more thrilling than a pre season practice. Never let fear be a reason not to entertain. The thrill of doing something scary keeps you in the game.
Throwing a party is similar to Patriots’s coach, Bill Belichick, winning NFL game strategy. "He's ahead of the curve in about 99% of the things he does," according to a recent WSJ article.
How like the Deans he is! Just as he is prepared for every opponent the Patriots face, we are prepared for each guest who enters our houses.
Here’s our plan and we suggest you adopt it as you own.
The key to an unforgettable party is mapping what needs to be done well in advance many times over. One quick thought will not create an adequate framework on which to hang a comprehensive plan.
· Always, always do as much in advance as possible. Your forethought will circumvent many possible pitfalls.
· Be sure to consider guests’ personalities, lighting, timing, tastes and drinks, and what you are going to wear.
· Come up with a few topics of conversation that might appeal to all attendees.
· Know the top news stories of the day.
· Serve one of your no fail menus.
· Make sure you have a half hour to decompress before guests arrive. If you like a dressing drink, now is the time to imbibe.
· Once your guests arrive, your number one mandate is to enjoy yourself. Everyone will follow your lead and a gracious, relaxed you, will be doing a touch down dance by night’s end, with each guest high fiving as they leave.