- 1 cup soda water
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/8 and 2 inches long
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the soda water and flour. The batter should have the consistency of sour cream. Adjust your measurements accordingly.
- Into a Dutch oven or stock pot, over high heat, pour enough oil to come 3/4 inch up the side of the pot. When the oil reaches 375 degrees F, dip the zucchini slices in the batter. Transfer to the hot oil one handful at a time, so as not to crowd the pan. Flip a couple of times until the zucchini are golden brown all over. Your oil must be hot enough so the cooking is finished within 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve piping hot with homemade mayonnaise or remoulade sauce.